1. Applicants must be instrumentalists, vocalists or pianists, up to age 21 and must be studying and/or residing in Florida. (Applicant must not have reached their 22nd birthday by the time of the final audition.)
2. Applicants must submit the official application form , properly signed (also signed by the applicants parent if applicant is under the age of 18). Application, together with an audition recording and non-refundable $25 application fee, must be received by the Symphony at the address below by Sept 30, 2012.3. Auditioning committee will select and notify up to 6 finalists no later than Oct 20, 2012. Final competition will be a public audition performance on Nov 17, 2012. Selection to be performed shall not exceed 15 minutes and must have a readily available orchestra accompaniment and be the selection the student intends to play with the Orchestra. Finalists must provide their own accompanist for the audition.
4. The winner will be announced at the conclusion of the competition. All finalists will receive certificates of accomplishment. Judges decision will be final. Winner will provide the Symphony with (x2) B/W photos, sized 2 x 2 inches and biography of not more than 500 words within two weeks of competition.
5. Winner will perform as a soloist with the Symphony at three concerts in April/May 2013. Winner will also attend the final three Tuesday evening rehearsals prior to concert performances. A $1000 award will be presented at the final concert. In case of a tie, award will be divided evenly between winners.
6. If, in the opinion of the judges, the quality of performance at the final audition is not at a sufficiently high level, they may recommend that no award be given this year.
7. Applicant shall not be a member of the Tampa Bay Symphony and shall not have been a winner within the previous 3 years.
8. Relatives of symphony musicians may apply if independent judges are used.
9. Failure to comply with these rules and with any supplemental rules issued by the Tampa Bay Symphony Board of Directors can result in disqualification of the applicant and/or forfeiture of any award.
10. Application and interpretation of the above rules shall be at the sole discretion of the Board of Directors of the Tampa Bay Symphony.
Send audition information to the address below "Attention
Young Artist Competition"
This page last updated: June 08, 2012 12:51 PM
Tampa Bay Symphony, Inc. is
recognized by the IRS as exempt under section 501(C)(3) and is registered
as a charitable organization with the Florida
Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, registration number CH15538.